This post is just to let you all know that I haven’t dropped off the radar, I am just stuck in limbo, being the weeks leading up to our FET. I actually thought we would have been at this stage already this week but I was wrong. I have been on the Oestrogen / Progynova 2mg tablets 3 times a day for weeks now, I think I am around CD14. I had my first endometrium scan for the cycle on Monday and for CD12 it was at 7.5mm and looking great.
The fertility nurse called back later that day and advised they want me to stay on the Oestrogen until Tuesday next week and go in for another scan and blood work. This will make it around CD20, here I was thinking this was getting on a bit and late in a “normal” cycle but no it gets later. So I called them back the next day just to confirm from there what will happen if they are happy with the lining thickness, does that mean I book a flight for the next morning to come down and do the Embryo Transfer? Apparently not, I forgot all about Progesterone coming up too! So from Tuesday next week I have a minimum of 7 days on Progesterone Pessaries before they will do the FET, so at this stage I think I am looking at around the 4th of February 2014.
Normally this wouldn’t bother me too much, it’s just I have so much travel coming up for weddings all over the place, the first wedding is a few days after the potential transfer so I am praying the timing all works out ok. I guess these weddings will be a very sober affair for me! Wedding season and fertility treatment is not the best combination, we literally have 3 weddings in different states in the next 8 weeks! And just to add a bit more craziness to the mix, after nearly 3 months of not working since leaving my job, here I am again applying for work! Sucker for punishment this one!!
For the time being this is the best update I can give, everything is a waiting gate and to get this show on the road is going to be another week or so yet. I will be sure to keep you posted of any progress! 🙂